In 2007 and early 2008, I had a crazy idea to start a ministry blog. I never imagined it would lead me through two different churches, seeing the addition of two more children to my family, through writing a book, and speaking and traveling all over the country as part of NNYM
So here we are in 2017, after a writing hiatus (life happens), and we are at post number 600. Here are some tips from behind the bloggers chair to give some insight from where we’ve been on this nine year journey.
1) Find your voice. You have experience and/or passion in something. Use it to bless and equip others.
2) Have fun with it. Make your blogging experience a joy, not drudgery.
3) Never take yourself too seriously. Sometimes people fall into that trap, and there are many people on the that will gladly show you that there is so much more to life than words and a keyboard.
4) Share an encouragement to others whenever you can. I’m not a “professional blogger” by any means, but I’ve done it for a while, and have learned a couple things here and there. I’m happy to share those things to anyone who asks.
So there we have it. 600 in the books. Here’s to 600 more!!
Latest posts by Brent Lacy (see all)
- Missions Monday: What’s your outreach? - May 22, 2017
- May 2017 Newsletter - May 20, 2017
- Five Ways to Welcome New Church Staff to Your Community… A How-to guide. - May 9, 2017