It is the time of year that candy canes, Christmas trees, and familiar carols dominate our senses and thoughts. Take some time as you plan this Christmas season to help establish some holiday traditions that students will remember that do not require a lot of cash. Aim for building memories and relationships. Here are a few ideas to get you going….
– Find a way to serve shut-ins or those in the local nursing home. It could be something as simple as going to sing some Christmas carols, making some cards or cookies and delivering them.
– Have a Christmas party with a “Dirty Santa” or “White Elephant” exchange. Make the gift limit $1.
– If you are somewhere where it snows, take an afternoon and go sledding as a group.
– If you are somewhere with access to a Goodwill/Thrift Store, hold an “Ugly Christmas Sweater Party”…
What are the ideas you do during the Christmas Season? Share them in the comments area below
Latest posts by Brent Lacy (see all)
- 4 Things to Look for at #SYMC2016 - October 7, 2016
- MinistryPlace.Net on the Road: Simply Youth Ministry Conference - October 6, 2016
- MinistryPlace.Net on the Road: Ohio Mennonite Youth Workers Retreat - September 30, 2016