“The number one sin of the church in America, is that its pastors and leaders are not on their knees crying out to God, ‘Bring us the drug-addicted, bring us the prostitutes, bring us the destitute, bring us the gang leaders, bring us those with AIDS, bring us the people nobody else wants, whom only you can heal, and let us love them in your name until they are whole.’”
– Jim Cymbala, Spring 2009 Leadership Journal
Reaching “Every” brings change:
1.In your prayer life – It puts names and faces to the unsaved/unchurched that you pray for…
2. In the execution of the vision of your church (but not the message…) – it removes your preferences and places God in the center of your ministry (see Philippians 2)
3.In the faces you see on Sunday morning – It transitions your church from a country club to an ER trauma ward.
4. In your budget. – It causes you to place a financial priority on funding ministries that reach the broken and hurting, the left out, and ignored.
Related articles across the web
Latest posts by Brent Lacy (see all)
- Missions Monday: What’s your outreach? - May 22, 2017
- May 2017 Newsletter - May 20, 2017
- Five Ways to Welcome New Church Staff to Your Community… A How-to guide. - May 9, 2017