I ran across the WOW! Computer today. I did say WOW, but it wasn’t until I got to the selling price.
The WOW is a touchscreen-based All-In-One with a custom load of Linux. This is a machine that carries so much potential, but is hampered by less than impressive hardware.
There are some neat features, but is it enough to overcome the drawbacks?
– Software updates included
– US based support
– Easy setup
– Built in Remote access (for a “Tech Buddy”)
– Built in WiFi
– Price is high for what it is, considering its running Linux (no Microsoft Tax involved)
– Need about twice the RAM and Hard Drive space to justify the price
– Cannot add any software…
– All traffic passes through their servers (privacy concerns?)
– Tech support is $10/ month after the first 30 days.
Latest posts by Brent Lacy (see all)
- Missions Monday: What’s your outreach? - May 22, 2017
- May 2017 Newsletter - May 20, 2017
- Five Ways to Welcome New Church Staff to Your Community… A How-to guide. - May 9, 2017