I ran across the WOW! Computer today. I did say WOW, but it wasn’t until I got to the selling price.
The WOW is a touchscreen-based All-In-One with a custom load of Linux. This is a machine that carries so much potential, but is hampered by less than impressive hardware.
There are some neat features, but is it enough to overcome the drawbacks?
– Software updates included
– US based support
– Easy setup
– Built in Remote access (for a “Tech Buddy”)
– Built in WiFi
– Price is high for what it is, considering its running Linux (no Microsoft Tax involved)
– Need about twice the RAM and Hard Drive space to justify the price
– Cannot add any software…
– All traffic passes through their servers (privacy concerns?)
– Tech support is $10/ month after the first 30 days.
Latest posts by Brent Lacy (see all)
- 4 Things to Look for at #SYMC2016 - October 7, 2016
- MinistryPlace.Net on the Road: Simply Youth Ministry Conference - October 6, 2016
- MinistryPlace.Net on the Road: Ohio Mennonite Youth Workers Retreat - September 30, 2016